Some people give birth to a child every year; others end up with 10- 11 children. It is very important to understand the disadvantages of overpopulation and proactively act to control the same. Following points can ensure that the population does not increase beyond limit:
- Control the number of children in a family to one/two depending upon the family’s income
- No differentiation between male & female child. Some people end up giving birth to 6-7 daughters just to get a son.
- Proper age gap between children must be maintained, so that enough care is provided to the first child even before the second one arrives.
- Parents should plan a baby at their right age. If parents are too old in the 40s , they themselves become too old to take care of kids. Similarly parents as young as 19- 20 years old couples are too young to manage kids.
There are several means to avoid unwanted pregnancy or maintain proper gap between children. Some of the ways are as follows:
- Balloon like elastic covering that tightly fits over the penis
- Collects ejaculated sperms during intercourse
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Does not allow ovulation to occur
- Surgical method
- Vasectomy: Removal of a small portion of Vas deferens
- Tubectomy: Removal of a small portion of fallopian tube