Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
There exists many communicable diseases which spread by sexual contact during intercourse.
Some of these STDs are:
- Caused by bacteria and can be treated with antibiotics
- HIV AIDS
- Caused by the HIV virus which destroys the immune system of the body. There is no cure for AIDS till date. The person suffering from AIDS eventually dies due to infection.
- Genital & anal warts
To prevent STDs, ensure the following:
- Use of condoms during intercourse
- Wash before & after intercourse
- Confirm that a new partner is HIV tested before intercourse