- The members of class Reptilia show creeping or crawling mode of locomotion.
- They are mostly terrestrial animals and their body is covered by dry and cornified skin, epidermal scales or scutes.
- Tympanum represents ear and limbs are of two pairs if present.
- Heart is usually three-chambered, but four-chambered in crocodiles.
- Sexes are separate, fertilisation is internal, they areviparous and development is direct.
- Snakes and lizards shed their scales as skin cast.
Examples- Chelone (Turtle), Calotes (Garden lizard)
Fig. garden lizard