Disorders of digestive system
- The inflammation of the intestinal tract occurs due to bacterial or viral infection.
- Some disorders of digestive system are
- Jaundice: The liver is affected, skin and eyes turn yellow due to the deposit of bile pigments.
- Vomiting: It is the ejection of stomach contents through the mouth, is controlled by the vomit centre in the medulla.
- Diarrhoea: The abnormal frequency of bowel movement and increased liquidity of the faecal discharge is known as diarrhoea.
- Constipation: In constipation, the faeces are retained within the rectum as the bowel movements occur irregularly.
- Indigestion: The food is not properly digested leading to a feeling of fullness, due to inadequate enzyme secretion, anxiety.
Fig. Disorder of digestive system due to infection