- Development is a term that includes all changes that an organism goes through during its life cycle from germination of the seed to senescence.
- Plants follow different pathways in response to environment or phases of life to form different kinds of structures, and this ability is called plasticity.
For example- heterophylly in cotton
- Development is considered as the sum of growth and differentiation.
- Development in plants is under the control of intrinsic and extrinsic factors.
- Intrinsic factor includes plant growth regulators, whereas extrinsic factor includes light, temperature, water, oxygen, nutrition, etc.
Fig. Heterophylly in cotton