Angular velocity & its relation with linear velocity
Every particle of a rotating body moves in a circle. Angular displacement of a given particle about its centre in unit time is defined as angular velocity.
- Average angular velocity = ΔΘ/Δt
- Instantaneous angular velocity, ω = dΘ / dt
- v = w r , where v – linear velocity of particle moving in a circle of radius r
- All parts of a moving body have the same angular velocity in pure rotation motion.
- Angular velocity, ω, is a vector quantity
- If you curl your fingers of right hand in the sense of rotation, thumb will give direction of angular velocity.
- v = ω x r
- ANGULAR ACCELERATION is given by rate of change of angular velocity with respect to time.
- α = dω / dt