Management of farm and farm animals
Dairy farm management
- Dairying is the management of animals for milk and its products for human consumption.
- Dairying deals with processes and systems that increase yield and improve quality of milk.
Important measuresfor improvement of dairy farm-
- Selection of good breeds having high yielding potential.
- The animals have to be housed well, should have adequate water and be maintained disease free.
- Providing good quality and quantity of fodder.
- Maintenance of hygienic environment.
- A regular visit to a veterinary doctor is mandatory.
Fig. dairy farm
Poultry farm management
- Poultry is the class of domesticated fowl (birds) used for food or for their eggs.
- Poultry include chicken and ducks, turkey and geese.
Important measures for improvement of poultry farm-
- Selection of disease free and suitable breeds.
- Proper and safe farm conditions
- Proper feed and water
- Maintenance of hygiene and proper care of health should be taken.
Fig. poultry farm