- The chemicals which are used in agriculture are called agro-chemicals. Example- herbicides, fungicides, pesticides.
- Increasing amounts of artificial fertilizers can cause eutrophication.
- Integrated organic farming is a cyclical zero-waste procedure where waste products from one process are cycled in as nutrients for other processes.
- Cattle excreta (dung) are used as manure.
- Crop waste is used to create compost, which can be used as a natural fertilizer or can be used to generate natural gas.
Fig. cattle dung used as manure