Health can be defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being.
Health is affected by three factors-
- Genetic disorders- disorders which the child inherits from parents from birth.
- Infections- caused due to pathogens.
- Life style- includes the habits that we have or lack such as intake of food and water, rest and exercise which we give to our body etc.
When People are healthy they are more efficient to work which increases productivity and brings economic prosperity.
The factors which are responsible for maintaining good health are-
- Balanced diet- the diet which contains all kinds of essential nutrients in a proportionate manner.
Fig. Balanced diet
- Personal hygiene.
- Regular exercise, meditation, yoga.
Aspects which are needed to be added to achieve good health are-
- Awareness about diseases.
- Proper disposal of wastes.
- Control of vectors.
- Maintenance of hygiene.