- Caused by Ascarislumbricoides
- Affects intestine of man.
- Transmitted by contaminated water, vegetable fruits etc.
- Internal bleeding, muscular pain, fever, anemia, blockage of intestinal passage are common symptoms.
Filariasis or elephantiasis
- Caused by Wuchereriabancrofti and Wuchereriamalayi
- Affects lymphatic vessels of the lower limbs, genital organs.
- Transmitted by biting of infected female culex mosquito.
- Chronic inflammation of the organs where they live, abnormal swellings of the lower limbs, scrotum, penis are common symptoms.