- Autosomal disorders – cystic fibrosis, sickle cell anaemia, myotonic dystrophy
- Sex-linked – haemophilia, colour blindness
- HAEMOPHILIA – sex-linked recessive disease
- A single protein that is a part of the cascade of proteins involved in the clotting of blood is affected.
- In affected individual, a simple cut will result in non-stop bleeding.
- Heterozygous female (carrier) can transmit the disease to son.
- Possibility of female becoming a haemophilic is extremely rare.
Pic shows cross between carrier haemophilic women and haemophilic man.