- Life span is the period from birth to the natural death of an organism.
- After the death of living organisms also, the population is maintained by the process of reproduction.
- Reproduction is the biological process by which an organism produces its offspring similar to itself.
- The offspring grows, matures and in turn produces new offspring.
- By the process of reproduction, all living organisms maintain their population and ensure the continuity of species.
Fig. Reproduction in plants and animals give rise to similar off springs
- Reproduction is of two types- 1) asexual reproduction 2) sexual reproduction.