- The rapid increase in human population over a relatively short period of time is called population explosion.
- Due to overall development in various fields like increased health facilities, better living conditions the quality of life of people has been increased which had a great impact on growth of population.
Reasons for population explosion
- A rapid decline in death rate, Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR) and Infant Mortality Rate(IMR).
- An increase in number of people in reproducible age.
- Control of diseases and better public health care with greater medical attention.
Steps to control population explosion
- People should be educated about the advantages of smaller family.
- Statutory raising the marriageable age of male and female is an effective mean to control the population.
- The couples of reproductive age are motivated to family planning by adopting birth control measures.
Fig. population explosion