Arrangement for measurement of Resistance
- The arrangement consists of two resistances R3 and R4.
- There is a variable resistance R1 and a conductivity cell with unknown resistance R2.
- The Wheatstone bridge is provided with an oscillator O that acts as source of a.c. power.
- The arrangement has a suitable detector P.
- The Wheatstone bridge is balanced when there is no flow of current through the detector.
Unknown resistance = R2 = R1R4 /R3
- After calculating the resistance the conductiviry can be easily calculated using the formula:
- κ = G' /R