In this chapter we will come to know about some interesting facts of vectors and how they are used in our day-to-day life.
Following are some examples where vectors are used.
- Motion of aeroplane is based on the concept of vectors. When the motion of the aeroplane is considered both speed and in which direction it flies in the sky is also taken into account.
- The landing instructions which a pilot receives from air traffic controller.
- Suppose when a ball is thrown let it be thrown with some speed (for e.g.:-5m/s) and the direction in which it is thrown is let north-east .This shows we are considering a vector as the ball has both speed and direction.
- Vectors are to derive results in engineering and science. Fluid mechanics, static, Electrical Engineering etc.
- In game of cricket the bowler bowls the ball with some speed and in some direction and also the batsman hits the ball with some speed and in particular direction. So the concept of vectors is involved
- A motor can be either used for pumping water or in a car. Motors work on the principle of torque which is a vector quantity.
- In the game of carom board the striker is hit with some speed and in some direction.