- Phasor diagrams are the representations of voltage-current relationship in AC circuits.
- A phasor is a vector capable of rotating about the origin with (angular velocity) ‘ω’.
- The vertical component of phasor will represent the sinusoidally varying quantity.
- Considering V = Vm sinωt then the vertical component represents the instantaneous value of voltage.
- The magnitude(length of the vector) of the phasor is the peak value at that instant of time.
Advantages of phasor diagram:-
It is not possible to represent the complicated relationship between the voltage and currents with the help of graphs . In that case phasor diagrams are used.
Current - Voltage representation for Resistor circuits