Induction is defined as current production in the coil due to the change in magnetic flux in itself or another coil.
Types of Induction:-
- There will be change in the magnetic flux in the coil itself because of which a current will be induced in itself.
- It is denoted by L.
- Mutual induction-
- There are 2 coils,if there is change in the magnetic flux in one coil then the magnetic field is induced in the second coil.
- It is denoted by M.
- Inductance is a quantity which measures the induction.
- It is also called as Coefficient of induction.
- Coefficient of inductionis about the ratio of current induced with respect to magnetic flux.
- Flux through the coil Φ∝ I (current)
- If there are N turns in the coil,
- Total Flux is known as flux linkage NΦ∝ I=> NΦ =constant I
- This constant of proportionality is known as Inductance.
- It is a scalar quantity.
- I. unit is Henry(H).
- It depends on
- Geometry of the coil.
- Nature of the material on which it is wound.