What are Electromagnetic Waves?
- Electromagnetic (EM) waves are the waves which are related toboth electricity and magnetism.
- Electromagnetic (EM) waves are the waves which are coupled time varying electric and magnetic fields that propagate in space.
- Waves associated with electricity and magnetism and as they are waves so they willpropagate in the space.
- When the electric and magnetic fieldscombinetogether and whenthey are varying with time they both will give rise to electromagnetic waves.
- Electromagnetic equations emerged from Maxwell’s equations.
- Maxwell found these EM waves have so many special properties which can be used for many practical purposes.
- Time varying electric field + Time varying magnetic field = Electromagnetic waves.