- X-Rays are produced by bombarding a metal target by high energy electrons.
- It is very important diagnostic tool.
- X-Rays have lesser wavelengths as compared to all other waves.
- Because of this X-Rays can easily penetrate inside the skin (low density material). It either gets reflected or absorbed by the high density material (like bone).
- In any X-Ray, bones look darker and lighter area is skin.
- It is also used for cancer treatment.
- In cancer there is unwanted growth of the cells.
- In order to treat cancer the abnormal growth of cells should be stopped.
- The X-Rays have the ability to damage the living tissue.
This is how it helps in the treatment of cancer