Coherent & Incoherent sources
- Coherent sources are those sources of light which emit waves that have same frequency and zero or constant phase difference.
- Suppose if there are 2 sources S1 and S2 are coherent sources if there frequencies are same and also phase difference between them is either 0 or constant.
- Phase difference should not change.
- For example:-Laser light.
- Incoherent sources are those which sources of light which emit waves that have random frequencies and phase differences.
- There is no relationship between the waves in terms of frequencies and phase difference.
- For example:-Electric bulb, night lamp.