Photosynthesis and transpiration
- On the upper part of leaf there present number of small opening or pores called stomata.
- Stomata help in exchange of gases, which is intake of carbon dioxide and release of oxygen in the presence of water and sunlight by the process of photosynthesis.
- Plants prepare their food by photosynthesis.
- Water vapors are released into the atmosphere through stomata present on leaf this process is called transpiration.
- Due to transpiration a suction force is generated inside the plant and water runs from roots to shoots and other part of plant.