Different Types of Changes
- Changes can be natural and man-made.
- Natural changes
- Change in weather
- Falling of leaves
- Growing of human being.
- Hunting of eagles
- Burning of paper
- Changes Can be brought by following causes:-
- Examples are: - Moulding of Clay, Cutting of Vegetables, Pushing of table etc.
- Examples are:-Blowing of air into tyres, ball, balloon, and food cooked in pressure cooker etc.
- Mixing of substances:
- Example: - Consider a beaker containing copper sulphate solution and put a bar of magnesium. After some time we will see copper sulphate solution changes to white. A chemical reaction takes place:-
Mg + CuSO4 --> MgSO4 + Cu
The colour of solution changes to colourless as the colour of magnesium sulphate is colourless and the colour of magnesium bar changes to blue.
- Change can be absorbed in the shape and state of the substances around us.
- For Example: - A piece of chocolate is solid until it melts .So its solid form is changing to semi-liquid form.
- Changes caused by energy
- Energy by provided by light, heat etc.
For example: - Photosynthesis in plants, sugar crystals changing into molten sugar because of heat energy.
Note: - Changes can be temporary or permanent and may be periodic or non-periodic. The changes may be slow or fast, reversible or irreversible.