How faster breathing energizes a person?
- The average breathing rate of an adult is 15-18 breaths per minute.
- But during heavy exercise the body requires more energy. As result more quantity of food needs to be broken down to produce more energy.
- This process requires more oxygen which cannot be fulfilled by normal breathing.
- Due to this reason the person performing heavy exercise breathes faster than a person at rest to get more oxygen. A person performing heavy exercise breathes approximately 25 times in a minute.
- Fast breathing supplies more oxygen to the cells which in turn speeds upthe breakdown of food resulting in release of more energy.