Availability of water
- 71% of water of earth’s surface is covered with water.
- Water is contained on seas, oceans, lakes, rivers, ice caps.
- But most of the water is not fit for human to consume because water of seas and oceans is saline water.
- The only water which is fit for human consumption is freshwater.
- Fresh water represents maximum amount of water present on the earth.
- Amount of ground water is less on the earth if compared to fresh water.
- One fourth of the total water on earth is present in lakes and rivers.
- Water present in glaciers, ice caps, and permanent snow is not readily available.
- Earth appears blue because of the presence of water.
Fig.Water of sea, river, lake ,ice cap
Fig. Earth appears blue because of the presence of water