Management of water
Causes of water wastage
- Supply of water should be managed properly to avoid wastage of water.
Fig. Supply of water in the tap
- Wastage of water take place due to
- Leakage of pipes while supplying water.
Fig. Leaked pipe
- Leaking taps.
- While using water for daily activities water is sometimes wasted.
- Water from rainfall flows away.
Fig. water of rainfall flows away
Ways to manage water better
- Water harvesting is the process of recharging ground water with rain water.
Fig. Water harvesting
- Bawris are the traditional way of water harvesting.
- Bawris are deep wells dug in the ground which have steps to reach the water stored.
- The process of watering the plants at the base with narrow tubings is called drip irrigation.
Fig. Drip irrigation
- Use of water can be managed by turning off the taps while not in use, mopping the floor instead of washing.