Geometry is that branch of mathematics that deals with various shapes, their properties and measurement.
- Point has no length, width or height. It is simple represented by a dot - .
- A line is a combination of points that extends infinitely in both directions. It could be straight or curved.
- A line segment is part of a line with fixed end points. For e.g. AB has a fixed length.
- A ray is a line with a fixed end point and continues indefinitely in the other direction.
- Angles are basic geometrical figures that tell us about the orientation of one surface with another or orientation of one line with another.
- Angle is measured in degrees.
- An angle consists of sides or arms of the angle.
- The common point of the arms is called as the vertex.