Reflection by Plane Mirror
- Light falling on a plane mirror at an angle (Angle of incidence) gets reflected at the same angle (Angle of reflection) in other direction.
- When an object is placed in front of the mirror, an image of the object is formed by the mirror which appears to be behind the mirror.
- The image formed by a plane mirror is
- Erect (upright position)
- Of the same size as the object
- At the same distance as the object
- With right and left sides interchanged.
- The image formed cannot be obtained on a screen. If we place a screen (cardboard) in front or back of the mirror, the image will still can be seen only in the mirror and not the screen.