Moving air is called Wind.
- Since air is a mixture of gases, wind is the flow of gases on a large scale.
- Winds are caused by heating difference between different parts of the world and the movement of the earth.
- Winds can be of classified on the basis of:
- Duration: Long and Short
- Strength: High, medium and low
- Speed: Slow and Fast
- High strength winds for longer duration, like cyclone or hurricanes, may cause hazardous effects.
- Applications of wind include Windmills (to generate electricity), fan, flying kite, Hair Dryer etc.