Reproduction in Hens
- In case of hens the male and female gamates fuse together inside the body of hen.
- After the fertilization the zygote undergoes repeated division and travels down the oviduct.
- As the zygote goes down the oviduct it gets surrounded by many protective layers that gets hardened and we see it as the hard shell outside the egg.
- After the formation of hard shell around the developing embryo, the egg is laid out by the hen.
- It takes 3 weeks for the embryo to develop into a chicken.
Fig. Reproduction in Hens