Characteristics of plastics
Plastics possess following unique characteristics:
- They have lighter weight but possess good strength.
- They are inexpensive and hence finds extensive use in several household industries.
- They are non- reactive and hence are resistant to corrosion.
- They are durable and hence can be moulded into any shape and size.
- They are poor conductor of heat and electricity for which they are being extensively used in manufacturing handles of electrical appliances, utensils, switch boards etc.