4R- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Recover
- The biodegradable materials can be collected separately and can be reused after proper treatment. They can be recycled. This is termed as 4R strategy which means Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Recover.
- Some of the ways to limit the use of non-biodegradable materials are as follows:
- Prohibition to the disposal of plastic bags near water bodies or nearby places where animals can feed upon.
- Limiting the use of plastic by using steel lunch boxes, jute bags or cotton bags for shopping.
- Recycling and then reusing the non-biodegradable wastes.