Care of Eyes
Eyes are very sensitive and very important too. So, it becomes necessary that we take care of them well.
- If there is a eye pain, irritation or poor visibility, see a doctor immediately.
- If advised, use suitable spectacles, lenses.
- Prolonged usage of insufficient or too little lighting to do our daily work can cause eye strain, irritation, headaches. Similarly, prolonged exposure to powerful lighting too can cause harm to the eye. So, always use appropriate lighting.
- While reading, read at nominal distance of approximately 25cm. Holding the book too close or too far can cause strain.
- Exercise similar precaution while watching TV, using laptops, iPads, Tablets
- Never rub your eyes too hard. Wash your eyes frequently with clean water. If the irritation persists, see a doctor immediately.
- Balanced diet which includes Vitamin A is an integral part of eyecare. Vitamin A food components such as raw carrots, green vegetables, eggs, milk, curd, cheese, paneer, butter can keep eye problems at bay.