- They do not have definite shape and take up the shape of the container.
- They do not possess definite volume due to weakest intermolecular forces.
- They are not rigid.
- They are easily compressible due to excess space between the particles of gas which compresses on applying pressure.
- They can easily undergo diffusion due to the fact that molecules in a gas moves at a very fast rate due to which speed of diffusion is very large.
- They can flow in all possible directions.
Fig. Particles of gas are loosely packed and have excess space between the particles