Sound is produced by a vibrating body
- Sound is always produced by a vibrating body. Sometimes, the vibration is clearly visible and the sound is strong, whereas in some cases, the vibration is small and the sound is feeble.
- The to and fro or back and forth motion of a body is termed as vibration or oscillatory motion
- When a tuning fork is struck hard against a rubber ball, it vibrates producing a sound.
- When the strings in a violin vibrates, it produces sound.
- When the diaphragm of a drum is struck, it vibrates and produces sound.