The Human Ear
- Pinna : Pinna is the outer ear. It acts like a funnel to send the sound waves inside the ear.
- Auditory canal: Sound travels from the outside through auditory canal
- Eardrum: The sound then falls on the eardrum which is at the end of the canal.
- Bones Hammer, Anvil, Stirrup : The sound vibrations are then passed on to these bones in the middle ear.
- Cochlea: The sound waves are converted to electrical signals.
- Auditory nerve: It sends the signals to the brain.
Brain: The brain interprets the signals and that's how we hear.